Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Evening

This week was a long vacation from office routines for me. My blog also got more colourful.





My neighbours got a blog as a gift to express their creative writings. After trying 2 or 3 templates, we have settled for a 'baby shop' theme now.



Watched Kamal's interview in Vijay TV. He is a legend with a lot of fresh thoughts - his own thoughts. To sample a few: "There is nothing like World Class. In India, its Indian Standard. In America, its American standard. We need to set our standards and exceed them. Raja Raja Cholan did not know what a world class was; yet he constructed a world class temple".  உலக தரம் என்று எதுவும் இல்லை. இந்தியாவில் மதிப்பீடு செய்தால் அது இந்திய தரம். அமெரிக்காவில் மதிப்பீடு செய்தால் அது அமெரிக்க தரம். ராஜா ராஜா சோழன் போன்ற முன்னோர்கள் உலக தரம் என்று எதுவும் அறிந்ததில்லை; அவர்களால் சிறந்த கலை கட்டடங்களை கட்ட முடிந்தது.  There are some more to share on Kamal's interviews. More on that some other blog.



My sister was chatting with me in Gmail chat in an invisible mode. She explained her need to stay online but in a invisible mode. But long before, I sensed she was offline before as well. Today's I learnt of a hack on how to find someone if they are offline or invisible.







Yesterday got Kumudham and Vikatan. Vikatan is really a good standard magazine compared to any other weekly. I recall, in 1990's I have wandered in front of Vikatan's office on the Mount Road while I was searching for a job. Some Vikatan is carrying articles on Nayanthara and PrabhuDeva marriage gossip every alternative week. Kumdham also carried a gossip on actress Meena's wedding. One time gossip may be okay?! But wont it hurt the respective families. Its really sickening beyond a point.





Morning visited the Sahara Arts Exhibition in the JP Nagar corporation ground. Usual stuff. But few shops have few cute things for display: a bicycle, a flute, battery/AC operated fan - all made of brass. Was not in a great mood to spend. 





Evening went out with Diya to 9th Block for a snacks shopping. I also got 3 newspapers: the sunday editions of DNA, Indian Express, and Deccan Chronicle. I liked them a lot compared to TOI. Planning to shift to DNA or Indian Express soon.







Spent a quite bit of time learning science online I wished that I could complete some carpentry and electric stuff to satisfy my creative pleasures. But lost my mood over petty issues. 





Fine, Fabindia dress purchase for dad was one great experience. My sister said Fabindia collections are costlier and I need to wait for 'sale' time. 





My sister also has a lymph node swelling and is very anxious over it. I have requested some authentic advice on how one should take care during such symptoms. Stay tuned for a blog entry. 



Also got my twitter account created. Getting used to it.





So much to do, so much to share...but tomorrow I have office. I think I would mimic Kamal's mannerism and attitude as I am very much influenced by him this week.













No comments:

Post a Comment