Friday, October 2, 2009

Gandhi Jayanthi



I fondly recall my Gandhian days :)  I acted as Gandhi during my 10th standard on a Gandhi Jayanthi. A building constructor coolie came and said that I acted well.  I walked back him with a lot of pride. I also inherited name as 'Gandhi' in the later days.





Gandhi is still a hero of our times.



A couple of days back I have echoed my thoughts on holidays. Why do we need so many holidays? Today, Mr.Shashi Tharoor, the minister of state for external affairs, has rightly echoed a similar thought: "Why Gandhi Jayanathi is a holiday and not a working day". Makes a lot of sense to me.



Shashi Tharoor has been making a lot of sense in the Indian politics. Many (2.75 lakhs as of this moment) follow his twitter



Will next Gandhi Jayanthi be a working day for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment