Monday, December 28, 2009

Why translate this book?

First of all, I am not sure if this book is translated by any of the leading Tamil authors or publications. James Allen is a great writer, and even after 100 years, we find his words very apt for our times. I first got introduced his book "As a man thinketh" which I have read and recommended to my friends several times. Every sentence of James Allens' words are quotable. I often think if these books could be translated, many folks of mine would surely benefit.

Secondly, I have a great interest in book translations. I attempted several in the past, but did not have a systematic mechanism to capture them in some form. I hope this website gives that platform.

Third, this book "Eight Pillars of Prosperity" is a bible for anybody's life. Reading it for myself sets a good start for this new year.  The eight pillars are Energy, Economy, Integrity, System, Sympathy, Sincerity, Impartiality, and Self Reliance. To practice these, I need to read;  What I read, I translate and publish. Its an opportunity to cleanse and build my-self.

I hope this will be a very useful effort for the benefit of everyone.

I request you to read the online version of the book and also buy an original copy of the book if possible. It certainly adds value to your library. That will be a great tribute to the great writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment