Monday, November 23, 2009

Sri Sathya Sai Baba's Birthday

Today is Sri Sathya Sai Baba's Birthday. I did not remember this. But while I was reading an article (The Speaking Tree) in TOI, I just recalled that today is Bhagwan's birthday. Today I went to my office in a different campus and in the meeting team someone had 'snacks' on the meeting room table. Later someone offered me saying 'Today is Saibaba's birthday; take sweets'. It was a pleasant surprise to me and felt blessed.



I have many friends who are great devotees of Sai Baba; they also do social service as part of Sai Baba's mission.



During my childhood, I had a dream wherein I saw Baba in his white dress (which he wears only on Shivarathiri, I guess). I was coming down in a building's footsteps and was seeing Baba about to get into a black car.



After several years, I saw Baba in person in 2007 in his ashram in Puttaparthi. He was a bright personality and when his wheel chair went around, the entire crowd obeyed like anything. There were chants, Bhajans, etc. The whole environment was very divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment