Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Year 2011 - Heads Up #1

This year, I have two choice to pick my character traits. One is what Benjamin Franklin practiced. Another set is what Brian Klemmer preaches.  I love them both.



Benjamin Franklin Virtues

•  TEMPERANCE. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.

•  SILENCE. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.

•  ORDER. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.

•  RESOLUTION. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.

•  FRUGALITY. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.

•  INDUSTRY. Lose no time; be always employed in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.

•  SINCERITY. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.

•  JUSTICE. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.

•  MODERATION. Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.

•  CLEANLINESS. Tolerate no un-cleanliness in body, cloths, or habitation.

•  TRANQUILLITY. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.

•  CHASTITY. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another’s peace or reputation.

•  HUMILITY. Imitate Jesus and Socrates.



Read more: http://artofmanliness.com/2008/02/24/lessons-in-manliness-benjamin-franklins-pursuit-of-the-virtuous-life/#ixzz18upmiO39  (this Read more link appeared automatically when I copied from their site J I am just retaining it giving them the credit )



Character Traits of Compassionate Samurai

The character traits of Compassionate Samurai are Commitment, Personal responsibility, Contribution, Focus, Honesty, Honour, Trust, Abundance, Boldness and Knowledge.  I have already ordered the book from Flipkart and expecting the delivery in a couple of days. It’s a new year for myself. 



Tony Robbins Value System and Rules

As a NLP practitioner, I see value in values and defining my own rules to have unlimited power. 



What is my finally approach then?

•         My theme for 2011 is to live the life of “Compassionate Samurai”

•         My Value system for 2011 will be that of Compassionate Samurai

•         My rules will be defined according to those values

•         My tracking system will be similar to that of Benjamin Franklin

This is my sharing for all my beloved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment