This year, I have two choice to pick my character traits. One is what Benjamin Franklin practiced. Another set is what Brian Klemmer preaches. I love them both.
Benjamin Franklin Virtues
• TEMPERANCE. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
• SILENCE. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
• ORDER. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
• RESOLUTION. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
• FRUGALITY. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.
• INDUSTRY. Lose no time; be always employed in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
• SINCERITY. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
• JUSTICE. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
• MODERATION. Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
• CLEANLINESS. Tolerate no un-cleanliness in body, cloths, or habitation.
• TRANQUILLITY. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
• CHASTITY. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another’s peace or reputation.
• HUMILITY. Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
Read more: http://artofmanliness.com/2008/02/24/lessons-in-manliness-benjamin-franklins-pursuit-of-the-virtuous-life/#ixzz18upmiO39 (this Read more link appeared automatically when I copied from their site J I am just retaining it giving them the credit )
Character Traits of Compassionate Samurai
The character traits of Compassionate Samurai are Commitment, Personal responsibility, Contribution, Focus, Honesty, Honour, Trust, Abundance, Boldness and Knowledge. I have already ordered the book from Flipkart and expecting the delivery in a couple of days. It’s a new year for myself.
Tony Robbins Value System and Rules
As a NLP practitioner, I see value in values and defining my own rules to have unlimited power.
What is my finally approach then?
• My theme for 2011 is to live the life of “Compassionate Samurai”
• My Value system for 2011 will be that of Compassionate Samurai
• My rules will be defined according to those values
• My tracking system will be similar to that of Benjamin Franklin
This is my sharing for all my beloved ones.