Friday, March 15, 2013

Gandhi on Forgiveness

I was struck by Gandhi's quote on Forgiveness in the morning newspaper. "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong".  In a flash of seconds, random events and people popped from past reminding me on whom I should forgive and what events I should forgive. The very word "strong" made me think if I am really strong or weak in the eyes of Gandhi.  I should mindfully reflect on it.
With this one quote, I am trying to wash my heart coated with chemicals of hatred and worries.  The strength does not lie in the biceps and triceps - its in the purity of heart.  But the world, environment, circumstances are so challenging to live up to this one single quote. But I am sure, as I grew up I did forgive people on my way (life).  I reflected upon it often and even forget about it later.  Still some cleanup needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment