Sunday, June 16, 2013

Director Manivannan

I could not believe that Director Manivannan is no more.  Whether he did a comedy role or supporting roles like father, mentor, uncle - he became one on the screen. Some of his movies that I remember at this moment is Sangamam (சங்கமம்) , Ullathai Alli Thaa (உள்ளத்தை  அள்ளித் தா), Mudhalvan (முதல்வன்), Amaidhi Padai (அமைதி படை). Sangamam (சங்கமம்) was the best I would say. I also still remember his movie Kodi Parakkudu (கொடி  பறக்குது) . In Padayappa (படையப்பா), he did a villain role. And how can we forget Avvai Shanmugi (அவ்வை சண்முகம்)? In Thambi (தம்பி), I remember the scene often where he tells Madhavan, "I see myself in you".
Now a personal secret - the influence of Director Manivannan is so much on me that his father character made me respect a security guard so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment