Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fighting the craving for new SmartPhone

I am exercising my willpower more these days. There is a strong craving to buy that elusive Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  Read my previous post. The price is fluctuating between 29K to 32K and I am also almost waiting like a dog for the bone.
Advertisements are really persuading.
But I started developing some more beliefs:
1. Why do I want this phone?

  • Because it has a stylus.

2. Why do you need a stylus?

  • Because my identity is a writer. I am currently writing in laptop, smartphone and papers and notebooks and my work is scattered everywhere. Note 2 will help collate everything in one place.

3. What is the bad side?

  • I may be constantly glued to the phone.
  • I will tend to be online forever - which I hate doing it.
  • I will miss talking to people on the transport.
  • I will not observe anything else.
  • I will not think.

4. Is 30K worth?

  • May not be now.  I will establish myself an author, and then reward myself with this smartphone.

5. What do I do now?

  • I think I will use my current resources well. Even my humble 512MB RAM is good enough. Will accomplish something great, conquer the field and reward myself. PERIOD. No second thought of buying Note 2 for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment